Packed with flavor, and just as easy as opening a can, you'll wonder why you ever wasted money and garbage space on the cans of sloppy joe sauce from the store.
I like my joes a little on the sweet side like the not-so-sloppy stuff in the jars, so I used 3 T. If you don't care for it that sweet, start with 1 Tablespoon, and after mixed and tasted, you can go up from there until you reach your desired sweetness.
Enough drooling! On with the recipe!
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup each of finely diced white onion and green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-3 Tablespoons brown sugar (depending on your desired sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Over medium-low heat, add rest of ingredients and cook & stir until hot. Serve, or let it simmer on low, stirring occasionally, to let flavors meld together more.
That's it! :)