Thursday, September 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Brownies with Chocolate Frosting

 I almost dropped my current project and whipped out the ingredients to make this when our guest foodie, Author Rachel Lynne, sent in the recipe for THIS mouthwatering morsel!

 She says:

 "Needed a sugar fix the other day and stumbled across a recipe for Peanut Butter Brownies. Now, I must admit that I am a peanut butter junkie. I added the chocolate frosting … Alert! Full blown addict here, I ate at least half the pan!
I’m sharing the recipe; no need for me to be the only one gaining a ton!"

Brownies

1 cup of peanut butter
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt

Frosting

1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
Couple of tablespoons milk (enough to make frosting spreadable)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 13x9 pan.
Cream together butter and peanut butter. Gradually blend in sugars, eggs, and vanilla; mix until fluffy.

Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt then stir into the peanut butter mixture just until blended. 

*Note. The batter will be thick. Don’t do what I did and add water. It will take FOREVER to bake
Bake in 350 oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top of the brownies spring back when touched.

Frosting: 

Blend butter, melted chocolate, and powdered sugar, thinning with milk until frosting is spreadable. Smooth onto brownies while warm then let cool and cut into squares. (Or eat the whole pan like I almost did!)
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment